In general, living in an apartment is a fun way to get to know an area or experience what it’s like to live in several different places without having to come up with a large down payment for a permanent residence. While apartment living provides plenty of flexibility, some find it difficult to settle into an apartment home because they’re reluctant to put their own personal stamp on their living space for fear of losing their security deposit.
Apartment Decorating Tips
Luckily, you have your choice of apartment makeovers that won’t put your security deposit at risk. In addition to not jeopardizing your security deposit, our apartment decorating tips won’t put a sizeable dent in your bank account.
Here are some ideas we’ve taken from successful apartment makeovers that you can use to make your living space feel like home:
- Upgrade Your Kitchen Appliances: Do you love the look of stainless steel appliances in the kitchen? If so, you can transform your black or white kitchen appliances to look like they’re stainless steel simply by using some removable stainless steel contact paper. This contact paper is affordable, and it only takes a few minutes to apply to your appliances.
- Marble Countertops: Once you makeover your appliances, you’ll naturally want to have marble countertops in your kitchen. Just like there’s stainless steel contact paper, you can also buy contact paper that looks like marble. Marble contact paper is inexpensive and easy to use.
- Outdoor Deck or Balcony: If your apartment has a balcony or deck, it may have experienced some weather-related wear and tear over the years. You can breathe new life into the appearance of your balcony or deck by installing some removable outdoor flooring or adding an outdoor area rug.
- Wall Designs: Many people use washi tape to hang posters or pictures, but it can also be used to make creative designs on walls. When you’re ready to change a design, you can remove the washi tape you used on a previous occasion without having to worry about it leaving any residue behind.
- Textured Walls: Do you like textured walls? If so, consider using reclaimed wooden planks to add some character to your apartment. These planks are removable, which means you can take them with you if you relocate to another home in the future.
At Triple Crown Corporation, we encourage the residents in our communities to make their apartments feel like home. Learn what your apartment options are by contacting us today.