Triple Crown Corporation, a fast-paced company positioned for sustained growth, is currently seeking a full-time Project Management and Estimating Manager. This position is responsible for monitoring and administering all design and estimating components of construction projects at Triple Crown Corporation. Responsibilities include ensuring that D&E staff follows processes and procedures as outlined by company management; playing an integral part of designing new projects with in-house staff, subcontracted design teams, and ownership; and ensuring all estimates are on-time, in the proper format, make logical sense, and are updated at regular intervals to account for new information and future projects. This position requires site visits to ensure adherence to design, as-builts are completed and accurate, and drawings are updated for future projects.
Essential Functions of the Project Management and Estimating Manager:
- Assist the VP of Construction in managing the Design and Estimating team.
- Conduct Design and Estimating team reviews.
- Make staffing level recommendations based on assigned projects and deadlines.
- Provide guidance on designs within Triple Crown’s standards and specifications.
- Attends weekly Construction department production meetings, reviews weekly performance reports, and schedules
- Ensures coordination among Construction Field, Design & Estimating, Accounting, and leasing functions.
- Along with the Construction Manager and VP of Construction, coordinates preparation of construction sites.
- Secures detailed construction estimates from contractors, approves final estimates and ensures all contractors and suppliers
are notified of bid results.
- Completes regularly scheduled field visits as necessary.
- Assists the VP of Construction in ensuring “high quality” and “on-time” completion of all jobs.
- Monitors the Design & Estimating function, including the contractor and supplier base and processes for pricing, contract
negotiations, bidding, bid evaluations, and selection criteria.
- Along with the VP of Construction and Construction Manager, enforces all safety rules on active construction sites.
- Actively participates in the Safety Committee.
- Executes Design & Estimating department objectives for the High-Level Operating Plan (HLOP) and is a participating member of the Strategy Review Team.
- Strives to improve process management to maintain competitiveness in the industry.
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience with estimating and construction management.
- Must have proven ability to schedule projects and personnel.
- Working experience with all phases of Site Work, Commercial, and Residential construction.
- Background in Engineering or Architecture is preferred.
- Must be able to work closely with customers, construction personnel, other departments, contractors, suppliers, and other
- Must be able to work from drawings and blueprints.
- Must be able to produce and maintain reports.
- Must be able to meet schedules within determined deadlines.
- Proficient in SAGE Project Management, Smartsheet Scheduling, Take-Off modules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and mobile devices.
- Must have a solid command of construction fundamentals and OSHA requirements.
What We Offer to You:
- Team members receive 5-days of paid-time-off after 45-days plus 6-days after 6-months of employment in the first year!
- 8 paid holidays per year.
- Triple Crown pays up to 80% of an employee’s medical premium and expenses.
- We offer FREE Retirement Planning Services with a financial advisor in addition to our 401k plan with employer match and profit-sharing retirement programs.
- Educational Assistance Program for team members.
- Competitive Pay
- A family-friendly work environment.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer