As Triple Crown Corporation continues plans to grow its Construction Division, we seek a full-time Construction Purchasing Specialist. This position is responsible for the planning, selecting, and purchasing of materials, components, and commodity items for commercial and residential construction projects. Duties include creating and processing purchase orders/subcontracts, market research, vendor analysis, and generating reports for Management review. A minimum of 3-5 years Purchasing and/or Accounts Payable experience in the construction industry is required.
Essential Functions of the Construction Purchasing Specialist:
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key vendors.
- Navigate project folders and Sage to retrieve quotes, bids, and Purchase Order (PO) supporting documents.
- Analyze Existing budgets to determine proper cost coding for PO’s.
- Create concise and accurate PO’s using Sage software.
- Ensure PO’s and subcontracts are properly executed and that all terms and conditions are met.
- Process fully executed PO’s and subcontracts in project folders, CM software, and job start books.
- Communicate with Field Superintendents, PMs, contractors, and vendors as required to ensure PO terms are met.
- Coordinate with Field Superintendents to ensure Field Purchase Orders (FPO’s) are accurately cost coded prior to issuance.
- Initiate and process PO Change Orders as required
- Plan and coordinate pre-bid meetings with potential bidders.
- Assist Estimator with producing quantity takeoffs from plans using takeoff software.
- Prepare Invitations to Bid (ITB’s) with clear scopes of work provided to potential bidders.
- Provide drawings, ITB’s, and supporting documents as required to suppliers and contractors for bidding purposes.
- Communicate safety and insurance requirements to suppliers and contractors for potential awarding of contracts.
- Initiate price negotiation as necessary to meet or exceed project budget goals.
- Review received bids against ITB’s for accuracy and conformity.
- Coordinate with bidders as necessary to ensure accurate and complete bids are received.
- Ensure that bids received are compliant with applicable Phase Specifications.
- Maintain all bid documents in appropriate project folders and Sage system.
- Complete bid comparison reports and recommend contract awarding.
- Build and maintain an accurate, and up-to-date unit pricing database for project/business planning.
- Create and maintain accurate and complete Bills of Material for projects (Addendum B).
- Review plans, lease agreements, and other project documentation to gain deep understanding of project requirements.
- Coordinate site visits with PMs, Site Superintendents, and/or suppliers to validate purchasing process and/or changes.
- Review plans for inconsistencies with modern construction methods and recommend possible solutions.
- Provide Value Engineering recommendations as necessary to reduce project costs and/or increase profitability.
- Collaborate with Architects, engineers, designers, and key project stakeholders to develop and finalize construction plans.
- 3-5 years Purchasing and/or Accounts Payable experience in the construction industry is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is required.
- Strong negotiating and math skills are required.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Outlook is required.
- College coursework in Accounting, Construction Project Management, or related discipline is preferred.
- Experience with Sage construction management, estimating, and takeoff software is preferred.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must possess highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a strong understanding of modern construction methods.
- Must be able to carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
What We Offer to You:
- Team members receive 5 days of paid time off at 45 days plus an additional 6 days after 6 months of employment in the first year.
- 8 paid holidays per year.
- Triple Crown pays up to 80% of an employee’s medical premium and expenses.
- We offer FREE Retirement Planning Services with a financial advisor in addition to our 401k plan with employer match and profit-sharing retirement programs.
- Educational Assistance Program for team members.
- Competitive Pay
- A family-friendly work environment.
Selected applicant will be subject to background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer