Triple Crown Corporation, a fast-paced company positioned for sustained growth, is currently seeking a full-time Commercial Estimator. This position is responsible for reviewing plans, construction sites, and other information to develop estimates for new construction, remodeling, and tenant fit-outs/improvements. This includes building and maintaining relationships with key vendors in order to maintain current pricing in the estimating software.
What We Offer to You:
- Team members receive 5-days of Paid-time off after 45-days plus 6-days after 6-months of employment in the first year!
- 8 paid holidays per year.
- Triple Crown pays up to 90% of an employee’s medical premium and expenses.
- We offer FREE Retirement Planning Services with a financial advisor in addition to our 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing retirement programs.
- Educational Assistance program for team members.
- Competitive Pay
- A family-friendly work environment.
What We Need in the Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 5 years estimating/construction experience
- College coursework in estimating, engineering, architectural, or construction management preferred.
- Experience with estimating software and spreadsheet design required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work.
- Must possess highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to provide high-level construction estimates through reasoning skills and knowledge.
- Must have a knowledge of AIA documents and AutoCAD.
- Must be able to work in a “systems-based” environment.
Key Duties in this Role:
- Gather and analyze information to identify cost factors in order to develop estimates.
- Review plans, leases, and other project documentation as well as visit sites as necessary to gain a deep understanding of a project’s requirements.
- Review plans for consistencies with modern construction methods.
- Identify any plan inconsistencies and plan vs. specification inconsistencies.
- Recommend possible solutions to inconsistencies.
- Develop accurate and well-organized estimates in a timely manner.
- Prepare quantity take-offs for proposed projects.
- Transfer quantity and parts to the correct job in SAGE and Microsoft Excel.
- Develop, print, and distribute P.O.’s and job schedules.
- Build options for sale and/or estimating in SAGE.
- Maintain current and accurate pricing for all projects.
- Purchasing and bid package preparation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key vendors.
- Solicit bids and prepare bid packages.
- Responsible for initial project preparation, including appropriate forms for the job start process.
- Assist with vendor/supplier parts requisition and pricing.
- Provide drawings, geo-tech reports, environmental reports, and other pertinent documents to suppliers and contractors for bidding purposes.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing database for material and labor costing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!