The arrival of spring doesn’t always mean an end to bad weather and here in Central PA, the summer sun is usually accompanied by several rain and thunder storms. With the final days of school approaching, it can be difficult knowing how to keep your children occupied when spring showers put an end to outside play. Here are a few ideas of activities to do in your home during those rainy days!
1) Paint – Be prepared for a little mess and a lot of fun! Creating unique, homemade art with your children is the perfect way to spend the day, whether it’s something new to hang in their bedroom or a masterpiece to give to the grandparents.
2) Cook – No rainy day is complete without some fresh cookies or a smiley-face pizza! You could use this as an opportunity to teach your children about kitchen safety or encourage them to try foods that are usually pushed aside at dinnertime.
3) Blanket Fort Movies – We all built them when we were young, so why not do the same with your children? Grab your biggest blankets and bedsheets, get comfortable and put on a favorite film. Don’t forget to add some snacks for a fun indoor picnic!
4) Dress-Up Photoshoot – Do your children love to dress up? Then why not let them be the stars of their own princess or superhero photoshoot! Hang a white sheet from a doorframe for a neutral backdrop that works well if you will be editing your pictures later.
5) Indoor slide – When you can’t go out to the playground, bring the playground to your house! Position a mattress on your stairs for a quick indoor slide that your children will love. Add a sleeping bag for extra-fast sliding and don’t forget a cushion wall at the end for a secure landing!